Saturday, September 11, 2010

Baby girl is 4 months old!


Height: 25 inches
Weight: 14 pounds 13 ounces
Sleep: Goes down around 8-8:30pm, wakes to nurse around 5am and then back to sleep until 7:30-8am
Food: Breast Milk

Kailyn's 4 month check up was another good Dr. visit.  She is doing great and was in the 70th percentile for both height and weight.  He was surprised when he looked in her mouth to find her two new teeth!  I told him she still is acting fussy the last few days and he said she is probably working on yet another tooth.  She got four vaccines this visit.  The same one's she got at her 2 month visit.  Three shots and the Rota virus which is given orally.  The first shot she didn't even cry but once the nurse gave her the second and then third she started to scream.  Once the nurse was done Mommy picked her up she immediately stopped crying.  Then she started babbling away!  She also did great the rest of the day.  Our appointment was at 9am.  We were worried how she would be because after her 2 month shots she was super fussy that night and ended up in bed with us.  This time she did great!  She started to get a little fussy around 2pm so I tried nursing her. She pacified for a little until she fell asleep.  Took an hour nap and then woke up in a great mood.  We did give her some Tylenol right before this nap.  Then around 6pm we took her temp and it was 99.9.  This is still normal (anything under 100.4 rectally) but her normal temp usually is 98.4 so we gave her another dose of Tylenol just in case she was starting to get a slight fever. (this can happen from the shots)  She went to bed that night at her normal time and was fine.  Mommy and Daddy were so proud of our lil girl!
We also asked Dr. M about starting foods.  He still suggests waiting. He said there is no reason to start foods now as the nutritional value of what she is getting already from the BM is best. He said if she was behind in weight or not sleeping well at night then he might suggest starting with a little cereal or oatmeal. So for now we will wait. Especially since I do agree with a few friends that it is probably best to wait until she is sitting up unsupported. BUT I think it is only a matter of time before that happens!  As you can see from the pic below Kailyn is now a tripodin baby! lol  She is sitting up on her own a little longer every day.  We have to sit her up, though, so she still has a little ways to go.  I'm not going to rush anything.  She is already growing up too fast for Mommy as it is!! Dr. M also said if we did want to start with fruit and veggies that is fine but probably better to wait on that till 5-6 months anyways.  So we will see.

This past month Kailyn went to the Firehouse to visit Daddy and the guys.  You can check out a few pics I took of her with Daddy on the Firetruck.  She is still too young but I can't wait to take her when she can really enjoy getting on the Big Red Engine!
Some other new things this past month.  Well you already saw from my last post Kailyn is the proud owner of her first two teeth.  She also has started holding her own bottle!  I haven't seen this yet as I very rarely feed her from the bottle.  My friend Sara that watches Kailyn has sent me a few picture mails where Kailyn is holding her own bottle.  Such a big girl!  She is trying to hang with Sara's daughter Lily.  She loves watching Lily and enjoys her days with Sara and Lily.  She will be very sad to see them go next month. :*( Sara is expecting baby number two so unfortunately will not be able to continue to watch Kailyn.  We have two sitters we are going to meet with to see about watching Kailyn.  We are going to meet with the one lady tomorrow.  She was referred to me by my friend Krystle.  She watches Krystle's son and I think one or two other babies.  So hopefully we like one of them and will start taking Kailyn there 2-3 days a week when neither I nor Chris can watch her.
We are still going to our class at Nova.  Kailyn really enjoys it.  I think it is great for her to interact with all the other babies and we do different activities each class.  She is developing such a personality now.  She laughs more now.  I just can't get enough of her laugh.  It is so weird how it is like the sweetest noise I have ever heard.  I feel like I can't get enough of it.  She also can be quite talkative at times.  She will just babble away!  She also is starting to recognize and remember people now.  As soon as Sara and Lily come over in the morning she hears them or sees them and is all smiles!  And of course the same thing when Mommy or Daddy come home.  The morning is the best.♥ As soon as her little head starts to stick up I say good morning and she is all smiles.  Or as Daddy always says, all gums! Well now he says, all gums and two teeth! lol
The breastfeeding is still going great.  From the day I started I had no idea how long I would be able to do it.  And I still don't.  It is definitely now always easy but in the end so rewarding for her.  Not a day goes by where I don't think how much easier it would be to carry around the formula and a bottle when we go out.  Instead I try to feed her before so I don't have to breastfeed her in public.  This is also getting harder now that she is older because she HATES the cover.  A few moms that breastfed for at least 6 months or longer told me this would happen.  I could always pump, which I do sometimes, but I try to nurse her as often as possible when I am not working to keep up my milk supply.  The other day we went out on the boats and my Mom watched Kailyn.  I had to bring my pump and pump on the boat!!  Not to mention you can't exactly go out drinking for the night with friends.  Sure I could always pump and dump but I hate to have to take from my supply in the freezer.  She is eating a lot now and I am just pumping enough at work to keep up with her.  I am rarely still putting any in the freezer.  But as much as some days I just want to say enough I keep it up for her because I really am just not ready.  It's tough but not that much of a burden to not be worth it for her.  Plus I was just sick for the second time since she was born and again she did not catch my cold!  So she really must be getting my immunities!  Actually I think she is taking ALL of mine! lol  I seem to be getting sick all the time now ever since I got PG!
I think I have covered everything.
Here are a few of her Love/Hates
Loves her evening walks in her stroller
Loves her new Sophie teether giraffe
Love/Hate relationship still with her car seat but she is doing much better now
Loves her bath time but...
Hates lotion after bath still!  Chris tells her people pay for these kind of massages! lol
Loves watching her doggies play.  She will just sit there and laugh at them
Loves to be outside.  If she is really fussy we will just take her out back and sit on the patio and she calms down.
Hates to be ignored for more than a few minutes
Loves her new jumper
Loves to go in the pool
Loves wearing her shades outside so she can see better! :-)
Loves to watch her Baby Einstein

There are many more but it's time for Mommy to go to bed to get her own rest!  Hope everyone has a great weekend and also Happy Grandparents Day tomorrow to all the wonderful Grandparents out there!
**You can click the album on left side of blog to see all her pics from her 3 and 4 months albums**

1 comment:

  1. OH.MY.GOSH! She is so darn cute! It's been like forever since I've been able to get onto blog or to follow anyone! I can't believe how big she is already!
    So cute!

    ReplyDelete